When I was in High School I used to tell people that I wanted to be 35 before I ever got married. I had never thought that I would be selfless enough, or care about someone enough to want to spend forever with one person. I assumed that I would live happily ever after eventually, just not for another 20 years.
Still, I have to admit that I would at times think about my proposal and wonder how it would play out. Would it be corny and creative, or romantically unique? I guess that most girls dream about their perfect wedding, but I just wanted the perfect proposal. I always tried to keep these thoughts from John. I know he has been feeling the pressure, and I never wanted to add to it.
This brings us to December 23, 2008. John flew me to England so that we could spend a week together over Christmas. For the majority of the week we stayed in Southampton with his family. However, in order to spend some time alone, we went to London for a couple days to site see. Whenever we got there, John took me for a walk along the Thames River. For those of you that haven’t been to London, that is the main river that runs by Big Ben and the London Eye. It’s absolutely beautiful there. It was at this river, in a balcony about 6 stories up, that John asked me to marry him. After he asked me, we walked the streets of London looking at Christmas Lights. The absolute best week of my life.
The picture perfect proposal that I couldn’t even imagine! Literally, picture perfect (see below.)

0 comments:
Post a Comment