A while ago I wrote a post about when my 5 (now 6 year old nephew) told me that he wanted to be excited about today because you don’t have to wait for today. A lot of things come out of his mouth that I tend to laugh about and let roll by. But I have tried to stick to that piece of advice. I guess you could say that I was inspired by that small quote.
I have been focusing a lot of my thoughts on the wedding and honeymoon. I am constantly telling John that I wish I could just skip to the summer and find myself on a Mexico beach. We talk about how we can’t wait until the day that we don’t have to leave each other again. I am so excited to sit around the house and watch movies with my husband! I feel like I am so lucky to be able to have that with my best friend.
That being said, I realized that I only get to be engaged once. While I am so excited to have a husband, I need to enjoy the time that I have a Fiance! I need to enjoy the planning and stress, and as much as it sucks, I need to enjoy this time away from him. Because being apart from each other makes me love him more everyday. And spending this time apart helps me remember the person I am without him. Ha and spending this time apart is what got me my beautiful ring!
Again, at the risk of sounding “artsy” I am going to throw in one of my favorite quotes by Emily Dickinson. “Forever is composed of nows.” Who knew that my nephew was able to grasp a concept that writers of the 1800’s have been trying to force onto us for centuries!
0 comments:
Post a Comment