I guess you never really run out of things to worry about.
I remember before John got here, I would lay in bed and stare at the ceiling fan. I would think about his case, think about him getting approved, worry about how in the world we would ever begin living a normal life. I remember asking John multiple times, "What are we going to worry about whenever you finally get here?"
Well, first we worried about his driving license. Then we worried about a job. Then we worried about a silly truck. To top it all off, we worried about a puppy that wasn't even ours!
This week has been one of the hardest weeks I've had since starting my job almost a year ago. We've been short-staffed and over booked. I've been exhausted and over worked. I have dealt with 15 year-olds that were disrespectful, and questioned just how badly I loved my job.
To say it was a short-lived questioning is an understatement. Truth be told, I love my job. I love the people I work with, and I love my 3-day weekends. It was a long week. But, it was just a week.
I don't think that we ever run out of things to worry about. Because I think we always need reasons to lean on faith. When it's all said and done, I count my blessings that I am no longer worrying about a stupid green card and only worrying about a week.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Trouble (Ray Lamontagne)
Posted by Laci at 6:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment